Attorney Marie Lang
Fighting for North Carolina injury victims
Ms. Lang joined the Litigation Department of the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2005 and became a shareholder in 2006.
Ms. Lang received her J.D. from the Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. She received her B.A. in Criminal Justice from Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, graduating magna cum laude. Ms. Lang derives great satisfaction in assisting clients who have been injured, through no fault of their own, to obtain appropriate compensation for their injuries.
"I have watched over the years how people's lives can be devastated as the result of an injury and I enjoy being able to help clients who have suffered from catastrophic injuries put their lives back together and have hope for the future," Ms. Lang says.
Ms. Lang is a member of the North Carolina State Bar; Wake County Bar; Virginia State Bar; American Association for Justice; the North Carolina Advocates for Justice; the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina; U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina; US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia; U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit; State of North Carolina Supreme Court; and the State of Virginia Supreme Court.
She is also a member of the Brain Injury Association of North Carolina and a member of the Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group, the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys (ATAA), and the Interstate Trucking Litigation Group for the American Association for Justice.
The College of William and Mary
Old Dominion University
1983 B.S. in Criminal Justice, magna cum laude
- 10th Judicial District Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Spinal Cord Injury Litigation Group
- Association of Interstate Trucking
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys (ATAA)
- Interstate Trucking Litigation Group
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA)
- National Crime Victim Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Supreme Court, State of North Carolina
- Supreme Court, State of Virginia
- Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group
- Brain Injury Association of NC (BIANC)
- US Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- US District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- US District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- Virginia State Bar
- Wake County Bar Association
- "Civil Justice for Victims of Crime,” National Center for Victims of Crime, Speaker, 2014, Raleigh, NC
- "Civil Justice for Victims of Crime,” National Center for Victims of Crime, Speaker, 2014, Charlotte, NC
* = inactive