“The best quality a lawyer can have is empathy. Understanding what our clients are going through is key to providing effective legal representation.”
- Vanessa Beltrán
Attorney Vanessa Beltrán
Vanessa Beltrán joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2018 as a personal injury attorney. Her legal background is rooted in the area of personal injury, specifically vehicle accidents and medical malpractice. She also has experience in mass tort, product liability, and healthcare fraud and abuse.
She received her J.D. from the Interamerican University of Puerto Rico, School of Law, summa cum laude and was awarded the Criminal Law Medal and Puerto Rico Judiciary Association award for academic achievements and leadership. Vanessa earned her B.A. in Criminal Justice summa cum laude from the University of Puerto Rico, Carolina Campus and was awarded the “Gran Premio del Rector” for academic excellence.
In addition to litigating personal injury cases and having a highly evolved background in the medical malpractice field on the defense side, Vanessa also clerked for the Hon. Judge Aldo Gonzalez in the area of criminal law.
Vanessa has also participated as a speaker in various Continuing Legal Education and other legal seminars for health care professionals in Puerto Rico. She is fully fluent in both Spanish and English.
- James Scott Farrin Named to "U.S. News - Best Lawyers" 2023 'Best Law Firms' List, 8th Straight Year3
- 21 James Scott Farrin Attorneys Recognized by "Best Lawyers in America"3
- James Scott Farrin Lawyers Named to 2021 'Best Lawyers' and 'Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch' Lists3
- James Scott Farrin Named to 2020 Edition of "Triangle Business Journal" 'Best Place to Work'
- Shocking Facts About Hit-And-Run Crashes
For legal reasons and client confidentiality, reviews have been slightly edited to remove identifying information and correct typos.
3For more information regarding the standards for inclusion for “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch’” visit: www.bestlawyers.com.