When seeking an attorney to fight for your rights to get the appropriate treatment you need to help you recover, and the finances to help support you and your family during this trying time, what is most important to you? Specialized knowledge? Experience? Resources? Reputation?
How about all of the above?
What Is a North Carolina Board Certified Specialist?
When you hire a North Carolina Board Certified Workers’ Compensation attorney, you get all of the above. These traits are required if an attorney is to be considered board certified under North Carolina law. This means a lawyer must:
- Have been in practice for at least five years
- Devote a significant part of his or her practice to workers’ compensation law
- Attend continuing legal education seminars in workers’ compensation law
- Be favorably evaluated by other lawyers and/or judges (peer reviewed)
- Pass a comprehensive written exam in workers’ compensation law
Less than 1% of attorneys in North Carolina are board certified specialists in workers’ compensation law.* I, personally, chose to become board certified for three reasons:
- It helps me stay on top of the worker’s compensation field.
- It’s a way to show my clients that they are hiring an attorney who is focused in the area of the law where they need help most – workers’ compensation. Because my clients are hiring a certified specialist, I hope that gives them added confidence.
- It is my passion to fight for the injured worker – the little guy who may not get a fair shake, otherwise.
Do You Need a Board Certified Specialist?
No. You don’t. But would you rather have one? I would, if I were in your shoes. Let’s imagine, for example, you had a specific knee injury. Would you visit an orthopedic specialist or a general practitioner?
Injured Workers Are Not in a Fair Fight
Insurance companies and big business continue to lobby to press back the limited benefits provided to injured workers. We’ve seen time and again where insurance companies have ignored treatment recommendations of their own hand-picked doctors. Having a firm on your side with six board certified specialists in workers’ compensation law is one way you can feel confident that your advice comes from a certified expert.
Workers’ Compensation Law Is Highly Complex
Sometimes obtaining benefits and medical care, even when an insurance company accepts the claim, can be difficult. You want someone on your side who knows how to navigate “the system.” Someone with experience, connections, and resources to fight for the best care and compensation you may deserve.
North Carolina Board Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation Law
At the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, years of experience has taught us that injured workers are in a fight with the odds stacked against them. That’s why at our firm:
- Every workers’ compensation claim is reviewed and evaluated by a board certified specialist
- We work in a team environment where we utilize available resources across teams to help our clients. We even have people on our teams who have worked for “the other side”
- We try to do everything possible to leave no stone unturned when it comes to an opportunity to get our clients the medical and disability benefits they need
2016 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” for Workers’ Compensation Law
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin received the 2016 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”^ Tier 1 ranking (the highest ranking) for Workers’ Compensation in the greater Raleigh area. This achievement came from nearly 700,000 law firm assessments and more than 47,000 client evaluations!
Give us a call at 1-866-900-7078. Let one of our workers’ comp attorneys – six of whom are Board Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation Law – evaluate your situation for free.
* Percentage as of December 31, 2015. Figures provided by the NC State Bar.
^For information regarding the standards for inclusion in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” visit www.bestlawfirms.com.