Attorney J. Michael Mackay
A commitment to helping those injured in North Carolina
Michael Mackay, a shareholder at the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, joined the firm in 2001. A North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation law, Mr. Mackay established and is head of the firm's Workers' Compensation Department.
Mr. Mackay received his J.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law and his B.A. in Journalism and Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Following law school, Mr. Mackay obtained a position working for one of the largest insurance defense firms in North Carolina. Though the experience was valuable to him, he ultimately decided that he would prefer devoting himself to the representation of individuals.
"I take pride in the high professionalism of our Workers' Compensation Department at the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, which has assisted many workers and families in their times of need," Mr. Mackay says.
Mr. Mackay is a member of the American Association of Justice, the Workplace Injury Litigation Group, and the Workers Compensation Sections of both the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and the North Carolina Bar Association.
Board of Legal Specialization, North Carolina State Bar
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law
Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC
1987 B.A. in Journalism and Political Science
- North Carolina State Bar
- Durham County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- 10th Judicial District Bar Association
- 14th Judicial District Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Workers' Compensation Section
- American Association for Justice, Workers' Compensation Section
- Workplace Injury Litigation Group
- US District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western District of North Carolina
- Certified Workers' Compensation Specialist, Board of Legal Specialization of the North Carolina State Bar