Attorney Sidney Fligel
Helping others is the standard
Attorney Sidney Fligel joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2017 handling consumer law and personal injury cases.
He earned his J.D. cum laude from the University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, MS, and a B.A. in English from the University of North Carolina, Charlotte. During his time in law school, he was Vice Chair of the Moot Court Trial Advocacy Board and subsequently served as an Undergraduate Mock Trial Coach, as well as competing in the National Trial Competition for two years.
Sidney became an attorney because of his strong desire to help others.
“I grew up in a home where helping others was the standard. Both my parents lead by example, using their time and expertise to help those in our community when needed, and that left a lasting impression on me. I chose to become an attorney because I knew I wanted to help those who cannot otherwise help themselves in their pursuit of justice and fairness. It is not only what makes me happy, but what I truly enjoy.”
Sidney is a member of the North Carolina State Bar, Mecklenburg County Bar, the Young Lawyers Division of the Mecklenburg County Bar, the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ), and the National Association of Consumer Advocates.
University of Mississippi School of Law
2016 J.D., cum laude
University of North Carolina, Charlotte
2010 B.A. in English
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- Phi Delta Phi Honors Fraternity
- Mississippi Sports Law Review
- Member, 2014–2016
- Managing Editor, 2015–2016
- Moot Court Trial Advocacy Board
- Member, 2014–2016
- Vice Chair, 2015–2016
- National Trial Competition, Orlando, 2015, 2016
- Undergraduate Mock Trial Coach, 2016
- Mississippi Sports Law Review, Managing Editor, 2015–2016
- Pi Kappa Phi philanthropy chair for PUSH America, 2007–2010, a national 501(c)(3) organization that serves people with disabilities