North Carolina Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal injuries can happen any place at any time and change a person's life instantly. The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin has helped tens of thousands of personal injury victims throughout its history. The firm understands the financial, physical and emotional trauma that accompanies a personal injury claim. The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin will represent you to the best of its ability, so you can concentrate on healing and restoring your life. Call today for a free case review and conversation about your potential claim.
The basics of personal injury law
In simple terms, personal injury is when a person suffers injury due to someone else's actions. It is up to the injured party to prove that the other party acted irresponsibly in causing the accident — such as running a red light or a dog bite — and that the injury was a direct result of these actions.
The plaintiff (injured party) can bring a claim or lawsuit to recover expenses related to medical care, lost wages, property damage, and pain & suffering. Injury can also include invasion of privacy and emotional distress, among other things.
North Carolina is a contributory negligence state. This means if the insurance company can prove you in any way contributed to the accident by not exercising reasonable care under the circumstances, you may be completely barred from obtaining compensation for your injuries.
Handling a personal injury claim on your own can be difficult, especially if you have work and family responsibilities that demand your attention. The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin may be able to support you in this trying time. More than half of the attorneys in our Personal Injury Department have at least 10 years of experience and several have 15 years or more. The team also has three members who formerly worked as defense attorneys for insurance companies, so they have seen the law from both sides. Call us today for a free case review and conversation about your potential claim.
Why Hire an Attorney
When selecting a legal team, experience matters. The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin has helped tens of thousands of people in its history. Call us today for a free case review and conversation about your potential claim.
Specific ways experienced attorneys can help with accident claims include:
1) Know-how — Experienced attorneys can help communicate with medical experts, interpret medical documents and — if necessary — communicate the findings to lay people in a language they can understand.
2) Investigation skills — Qualified attorneys often understand the actions needed to gather and preserve critical evidence. In truck accidents, for example, documents such as log books, which should be retained for months or years, are frequently destroyed within just a few days of a collision. The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin may use accident reconstruction experts who may be able to reconstruct the scene of an accident, as well as gather and preserve critical pieces of evidence. It has more than five full-time investigators statewide to assist in your case, increasing the changes that all relevant information is gathered. Several of these investigators are bilingual in English and Spanish.
3) Legal Oversight — There can be a lot of paperwork involved in a personal injury claim. Qualified attorneys can help ensure that all rules and processes are followed, and that no paperwork is overlooked or deadlines are missed.
4) Understanding of Special Circumstances — If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver, you may have to recover damages from your own insurance company through your policy's uninsured motorist coverage (UM) or underinsured motorist coverage (UIM). A personal injury attorney can help you navigate through this situation.
5) Proving Negligence — An experienced attorney might be able to illustrate who was at fault for the accident or injury. This is particularly important in a contributory negligence state such as North Carolina.
6) Dealing with Insurers — In our experience insurance companies often pressure victims to accept a quick payout. Experienced attorneys understand these pressures and are not affected by them. They can often tell whether an insurance company is acting in good faith, or just protecting its own interests.
7) Handling Cases — Often a case can be resolved to a client's satisfaction without the time and expense of a jury trial through such strategies as mediation or pre-litigation settlement. An experienced lawyer may be able to advise you on the best path to take in your particular situation. The attorneys at the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin have experience with mediation and pre-litigation settlement, as well as a Litigation Department to manage cases that might best be dealt with through courtroom trials.
About the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin has helped more than 20,000 injured North Carolinians. We may have the experience dealing with the type of injuries you are facing.
Cases we have successfully resolved include:
â€¢ Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM Coverage);
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin work on a contingency fee arrangement. That is another way of saying that the attorney's fee is based on a percentage of the gross recovery. While a case may have fees and costs associated with it, there is no hourly or flat fee charged by the firm. Simply put, if you do not recover monetary compensation from your personal injury claim, there is no attorney's fee. This allows the firm to bear the burden of investigating and pursuing your claim, which allows you to focus on your well being.
At the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, customer service is one of our highest priorities. We offer the following services:
â€¢ 24/7 toll-free phone access at 1-866-900-7078;
Meet Our Team of North Carolina Personal Injury Lawyers
When selecting a legal team, experience matters.
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin offers a personal injury department in which more than half of the attorneys have at least 10 years of experience and several have 15 years or more.
The team also has three members who formerly worked as defense attorneys for insurance companies, so they have seen the law from both sides.
Hear what others have said about the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin.