Careers With Us
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin is a dynamic and fast-growing law firm located in the Southeast. Our values of teamwork, integrity, professionalism, quality, and community guide our employees in achieving results for our clients.
Please continue to check back on this page for the most up to date list of career opportunities with our Firm. We seek candidates that truly want to make a difference in the lives of our clients and contribute to the success of our organization.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY (for all positions): Candidates should submit ONE (1) PDF attachment with their resume and salary requirements. Optional cover letter is encouraged. Multiple attachments, or attachments that are not in PDF format, will NOT be considered.
Workers' Compensation Paralegal
A successful candidate will have previous experience as a paralegal in a law firm setting, and a superb candidate will have specific experience in Workers' Compensation. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks, including managing cases, assisting clients, scheduling meetings, follow-up calls with clients, general administrative duties, and other tasks assigned by the supervising attorney.
A successful paralegal will be able to multi-task, have attention to detail, spot issues within a case, be able to take direction, and work collaboratively within a team structure. We are seeking a candidate that is able to work independently as part of a larger team mindset, and someone who is easily able to speak and relate to clients from all backgrounds. We are seeking a confident and talented candidate for this position who desires to positively impact our clients and overall firm.
As one of North Carolina's largest law firms, we pride ourselves on a strong legacy that is committed to the highest quality of service for our clients. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required. We offer an excellent work environment on the American Tobacco campus of downtown Durham with a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Instructions to Apply:
- Interested candidates should submit ONE (1) PDF attachment with their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Our paralegals are some of the most important points of contact for our clients as cases progress. They are in charge of performing a number of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
- providing excellent customer service for all clients,
- meeting team goals,
- managing a large volume caseload,
- ensuring legal compliance, and
- providing support to both a supervising attorney and the clients they serve.
A successful paralegal will be able to multitask, have attention to detail, spot issues within a case, be able to take direction and work within a set structure, and can easily adapt to a fast paced, ever-changing environment. We work in a demanding environment and expect the highest quality of work from our employees. We are seeking a candidate that is able to work independently as part of a larger team mindset, and someone who is easily able to speak and relate to clients from all backgrounds.
We pride ourselves on a strong legacy that is committed to the highest quality of service for our clients. Our office hours vary anywhere from 8am-6pm, and we are seeking a candidate with a flexible schedule. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required. A successful candidate will be computer savvy to accommodate working in a complex case management system and be able to handle detail oriented work. Although relevant paralegal experience is preferred, we will consider high potential candidates with a demonstrated track record of professional achievement.
Interested candidates should respond in confidence by forwarding a current resume, salary requirements, and an optional cover letter detailing their interest in this position as well as relevant skills.
James Scott Farrin is looking to grow our team with a new Legal Assistant position. We are looking for a candidate with strong attention to detail that will not only take on legal administrative duties, but will also perform financial data entry where accuracy is of utmost importance.
This role will support a variety of other responsibilities, mostly clerical and general administrative work relating to settlement and disbursal of cases and closing files. Other general office duties will be assigned. Our ideal candidate should be comfortable following up with third parties via telephone, data entry, check processing, handling files, and organizing data, among other related tasks.
We pride ourselves on a strong legacy that is committed to the highest quality of service for our clients. As a result, our ideal candidate must maintain professional at all times. Great time management skills, solid computer skills, detail oriented, trustworthy, administrative experience, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team are required. Previous law firm or personal injury experience preferred, but not required. We strongly desire a candidate that has work experience relating to detail oriented responsibilities, such as finance, accounting, real estate, or related fields.
Interested candidates should forward a current resume and optional cover letter detailing their relevant work experience. Salary is expected to be $13.00-15.00 per hour, based on experience. We offer a competitive benefits package and a great working environment in downtown Durham.
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin is continuing our growth in Durham, and we want the best of the best to join our high-quality, high-efficiency team. We have a track record of success and exciting growth plans. We offer enormous opportunity, in-depth training, generous benefits, a competitive salary and bonus potential.
We are currently searching for a talented Administrative Manager to join the firm’s marketing department.
The Job Entails:
- Weekly and monthly reporting;
- Quantitative analysis;
- Project management;
- Marketing content review.
The Job Requires:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Three years of relevant experience;
- Technologically savvy – very comfortable with MS Office suite. Experience with MS Access is a plus;
- Detail orientation.
Apply if (and only if):
- You love spreadsheets and analytical work.
- You are among the most organized people you know;
- You are looking for an exciting growth opportunity with a winning organization;
- You are not afraid of the challenge of working in a disciplined, driven, demanding organization;
- You love to work. You will jump across the desk to answer the phone at 5pm on Friday; and
- You are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that your team is successful.
If this position excites you, please apply using the following procedure:
- Reply to this ad via email.
- Attach one document in PDF format containing a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three professional references which we are allowed to contact.
- Include both a contact phone number and email address for each of your references.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) Client Outreach Coordinator
The Client Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of firm messaging to current and former clients through calls, correspondence, and special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Place outbound relationship calls to current and former clients
- Follow approved scripting and delivery methods
- Generate and send approved relationship correspondence
- Participate in the planning and execution of client appreciation events
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MUST BE FULLY BILINGUAL IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to guide conversations toward messaging goals
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively execute a high volume of outbound calls in a fast-paced business environment
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with clients over the phone and in person
- Proficient in MS Word and Outlook, familiarity with Excel a plus
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- Degree from an accredited university and 3+ years relevant work experience OR
- 5+ years of exemplary experience in a relevant field such as Customer Relations or Hospitality
- Extended periods sitting in an office environment using the telephone and computer
- Occasional participation in events that require standing and walking for long periods of time
- Applicants must submit a requested salary range with their application or they will NOT be considered. We offer a generous benefits package which includes 401(k) with company match, full medical/dental/vision, STD/LTD options, supplemental insurance, and more.
Bilingual Front Desk Coordinator (English/Spanish)
Our Front Desk Coordinator is the first impression of James Scott Farrin for our clients, guests, and vendors. We are looking for a candidate that is skilled working in a fast paced environment, has a positive attitude, and possesses a dynamic and courteous personality. Our ideal candidate has strong communication skills, professional appearance and demeanor, and the highest level of accuracy with multitasking ability. We are seeking someone with a strong work ethic that wants to establish a long term career with a growing company.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Handling a high volume of visitor traffic in the office
- Scheduling meetings and conference rooms
- Assist staff and guests with daily activity coordination
- Order supplies and catering
- Answer inbound multiline calls
- Completing administrative reports
- Managing an information database
- Participate in client events
- Responsible for security measures
- Variety of other administrative duties
- Knowledge of telecommunication technology is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
Instructions to apply:
- Interested candidates should respond with a current resume and salary requirements.
- Submissions without salary requirements will NOT be considered.
Our Communications Trainer will ensure that our client communications is consistent and effective. Working under our Client Relations Manager, this position requires extensive monitoring of employee telephone calls with clients. This Trainer will be responsible for training and correction to ensure quality control of our communications. Other projects and duties will be assigned as needed.
The ideal candidate readily displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate easily with all people. We are looking for someone who understands the power and impact of proper messaging and is committed to studying and then reinforcing the optimal way of communicating with our clients. Candidates with previous experience in a training role will be given preference. We are seeking someone with experience in creating and executing communications strategies, relationship building, and a strong track record of implementing new initiatives. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a big plus, but not required. A Bachelor’s degree with five years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing, training, or a related field is required.
We pride ourselves on a strong legacy that is committed to the highest quality of service for our clients. Interested candidates should respond in confidence by forwarding a resume, salary requirements, and cover letter detailing their relevant skills and interest in the position.
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin is searching for a talented and experienced Ruby on Rails Developer. This is a unique opportunity for a skilled developer to take on a full-time role within our organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Builds, edits, and maintains internal RoR applications and software vital to our business
Provide full application and technical support
Required Education, Skills, and Abilities:
3-5 years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails
Experience developing applications, editing code, and testing
Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and debugging skills
Ability to write clean, concise, and manageable code
Strong understanding of how web applications and software work
Compensation and Hours:
Compensation is competitive and determined based on experience. Hours are flexible.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. UNSOLICITED PHONE CALLS REGARDING OPEN POSITIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
Interested in temporary or internship opportunities? James Scott Farrin offers full-time and part-time, flexible, opportunities for college students and individuals looking for a short-term assignment (case by case basis). To apply: Interested candidates should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "INTERN/TEMP HELP" in the subject line.
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin (JSF) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, JSF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
JSF expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of JSF’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Please see the following links for applicable federal notices: