Careers With Us
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin is a dynamic and fast-growing law firm located in the Southeast. Our values of teamwork, integrity, professionalism, quality, and community guide our employees in achieving results for our clients.
Please continue to check back on this page for the most up to date list of career opportunities with our Firm. We seek candidates that truly want to make a difference in the lives of our clients and contribute to the success of our organization.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY (for all positions): Candidates should submit ONE (1) PDF attachment with their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Optional cover letter is encouraged. Multiple attachments, or attachments that are not in PDF format, will NOT be considered.
Client Outreach Coordinator
One of North Carolina's largest personal injury law firms is seeking a motivated and professional individual to join our team as a Client Outreach Coordinator. This career opportunity provides the right candidate the means to make a difference in the lives of our clients as well as the chance to contribute to our firm as a whole. The Client Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of firm messaging to current and former clients through calls, correspondence, and special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Place outbound relationship calls to current and former clients
- Follow approved scripting and delivery methods
- Generate and send approved relationship correspondence
- Participate in the planning and execution of client appreciation events
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to guide conversations toward messaging goals
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively execute a high volume of outbound calls in a fast-paced business environment
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with clients over the phone and in person
- Proficient in MS Word and Outlook, familiarity with Excel a plus
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required
- Degree from an accredited university and 3+ years relevant work experience OR
- 5+ years of exemplary experience in a relevant field such as Customer Relations or Hospitality
- Applicants must submit a requested salary range with their application or they will NOT be considered. We offer a generous benefits package which includes 401(k) with company match, full medical/dental/vision, STD/LTD options, supplemental insurance, and more.
Mail Processing Assistant
We are currently searching for an energetic and dedicated individual to join the firm’s direct mail marketing department. Our environment demands employees with energy and passion. Mediocrity need not apply.
The Job Entails:
- Data entry;
- Mail processing.
The Job Requires:
- Excellent word processing and typing skills (at least 60 WPM);
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong organization skills;
- Speed and accuracy processing high volumes of documents;
- Experience with Excel.
- You are among the most organized people you know;
- You are looking for an exciting growth opportunity with a winning organization;
- You love to work. You will jump across the desk to answer the phone at 5pm on Friday; and
- You are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that your team is successful.
Apply if (and only if):
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin is searching for a talented and experienced Ruby on Rails Developer. This is a unique opportunity for a skilled developer to take on a full-time role within our organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Builds, edits, and maintains internal RoR applications and software vital to our business
Provide full application and technical support
Required Education, Skills, and Abilities:
3-5 years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails
Experience developing applications, editing code, and testing
Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and debugging skills
Ability to write clean, concise, and manageable code
Strong understanding of how web applications and software work
Compensation and Hours:
Compensation is competitive and determined based on experience. Hours are flexible.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. UNSOLICITED PHONE CALLS REGARDING OPEN POSITIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
Interested in temporary or internship opportunities? James Scott Farrin offers full-time and part-time, flexible, opportunities for college students and individuals looking for a short-term assignment (case by case basis). To apply: Interested candidates should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "INTERN/TEMP HELP" in the subject line.
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin (JSF) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, JSF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
JSF expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of JSF’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Please see the following links for applicable federal notices: