Attorney Rick Fleming
Fighting to protect the rights of those injured in North Carolina
Mr. Fleming joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2002. He became a shareholder at the Firm in 2008 and currently heads the Social Security Department. He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Fleming received his J.D. from North Carolina Central University School of Law. He received his B.A. from Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, Michigan and his M.A. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
"I derive great pleasure in assisting clients through challenging times," Mr. Fleming says. "By providing our clients with the proper information they need, they are then able to make well-informed decisions about their case."
Mr. Fleming is fluent in Spanish and takes pride in representing many injured people in the Latino community. He has discussed legal topics at various Hispanic events and on several local radio programs. He is active in the Disability Advocacy Section of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice.
Mr. Fleming is the Fourth and DC Circuits Representative for the NOSSCR Board of Directors, serves on the Nominations and Elections Committee, and is a former Chair of NOSSCR’s Distinguished Service Committee*. He is also a member of the N.C. State Bar Board of Legal Specialization’s Social Security Disability Committee and is an accredited attorney admitted to practice claims for veterans’ benefits before the Department of Veterans Affairs (2011). Mr. Fleming is a past chair of the Disability Advocacy Section for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (2010-11); and former member of the Board of Governors for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (2010-11).Click here for a personal perspective from Attorney Rick Fleming.
North Carolina Central University
School of Law
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC
1995 M.A. in Hispanic Literature
1992 B.A. in Hispanic Literature and Philosophy
Universidad de San Francisco de Quito
Specialization: Social Security Disability
Social Security Disability
Board of Legal Specialization, North Carolina State Bar
Fourth and DC Circuits Representative to the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR) Board of Directors.
- 14th Judicial District Bar Association
- American Association for Justice*
- American Bar Association*
- Durham County Bar Association*
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives
- Board of Directors
- Fourth and DC Circuits Representative
- Nominations and Elections Committee
- Distinguished Service Committee, Chair *
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- CLE Co-Chair, Disability Advocacy Section, 2004-2008*
- Disability Advocacy Section
- Executive Committee, Disability Advocacy Section
- Workers’ Compensation Section*
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Board of Legal Specialization, certified Social Security Disability specialist
- Social Security Disability Legal Specialization Committee
- Workplace Injury Litigation Group*
Admitted to Practice:
US District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
US District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Supreme Court of the United States
* Denotes Inactive Member