Attorney Leila Hicks (Partner)
Leila Hicks is a Partner of the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin. She joined the firm in 2017 as a personal injury attorney. She also has experience in the areas of Social Security Disability (including Veteran’s Disability), Workers’ Compensation, Criminal Defense, and Family Law.
She received her J.D. from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, where she also received her B.A. as a double major in Political Science and Philosophy, with a minor in Social and Economic Justice.
Prior to joining the firm, Leila worked with a small, general practice law firm representing individuals and families in various areas of the law throughout the Triad. During her tenure with that firm, Leila discovered her ability to clearly communicate complex matters in injury law to her clients and represent them. Leila believes that legal representation is a partnership that requires the attorney and client share the same goal.
As a judge at the Guilford County Teen Mock Trial Court since 2013, Ms. Hicks has enjoyed helping aspiring young lawyers who are in high school learn how they, too, can help clients breathe a bit easier as they advocate for the rights of others in a courtroom setting.
- James Scott Farrin Named to "U.S. News - Best Lawyers" 2023 'Best Law Firms' List, 8th Straight Year5
- 21 James Scott Farrin Attorneys Recognized by "Best Lawyers in America"4
- James Scott Farrin Lawyers Named to 2022 “Best Lawyers,” “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch,” List, One Named a “Lawyer of the Year”4
- Four James Scott Farrin Attorneys Inducted into 2020 North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society
- Leila Hicks Receives Prestigious Young Lawyer of the Year Award
- Leila Hicks Shares 3 Essential Tips for Law Students, Plus 9 Student Reps Offer Their Perspectives
- James Scott Farrin Lawyers Named to 2021 'Best Lawyers' and 'Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch' Lists4
- 2020 North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society Inductee
- If You’re Just 1% at Fault for Injuries, Insurance May Give You Nothing. What You Can Do.
- Which Greensboro Roads Can be Dangerous?
- What Is Backpay in the Context of Social Security Disability?
- Social Security Disability Hearings – What You Can Expect
For legal reasons and client confidentiality, reviews have been slightly edited to remove identifying information and correct typos.
3For more information about standards for inclusion visit nbltop100.org.
4For more information regarding the standards for inclusion for ‘Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch’ list, visit www.bestlawyers.com.
5For more information about the standards of inclusion for “U.S. News – Best Lawyers” ‘Best Law Firms’ list, please visit https://bestlawfirms.usnews.com/.