Attorney Rick Fleming (Partner)
Rick Fleming joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2002. He became a Partner at the firm in 2008 and currently heads the Social Security Disability Department. He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Rick received his J.D. from North Carolina Central University School of Law, his B.A. from Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, Michigan and his M.A. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Rick is fluent in Spanish and takes pride in representing many injured people in the Latinx community. He has discussed legal topics at various Hispanic events and on several local radio programs. He is active in the Disability Advocacy Section of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice.
Following his tenure as NOSSCR’s Secretary in 2020, Rick became the organization’s Treasurer in 2021. He concurrently serves as the Fourth and D.C. Circuits Representative, a member of the Board of Directors, and a member of NOSSCR’s PAC. Rick has also served as the former chair of NOSSCR’s Distinguished Service Committee and as a member of the Nominations and Elections Committee for the new members of the 2019-20 Board of Directors. He is a past chair of the NC State Bar’s Social Security Disability Law Specialty Committee, which drafts and grades the exams for those who wish to become Board Certified in Social Security Disability Law.
Rick is a Past Chair of the Disability Advocacy Section for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (2010-2011) and former member of the organization’s Board of Governors (2010-2011). He has received multiple Order of Service awards from the NCAJ.
- Expert Insight on Understanding Insurance and Modifications
- James Scott Farrin Attorney Rick Fleming Elected as Treasurer for NOSSCR
- James Scott Farrin Attorney Rick Fleming Re-Elected to NOSSCR Board of Directors
- NC Advocates for Justice Decorates Four James Scott Farrin Attorneys with Award for Outstanding Service
- James Scott Farrin Named to 2022 Edition of "U.S. News - Best Lawyers" 'Best Law Firms' List3
- Why Aren’t I Eligible for Social Security Disability Benefits?
- Social Security Disability Attorney Rick Fleming Answers Client Concerns
For legal reasons and client confidentiality, reviews have been slightly edited to remove identifying information and correct typos.
* Denotes Inactive Member
3For more information about the standards of inclusion for “U.S. News – Best Lawyers” ‘Best Law Firms’ list, please visit https://bestlawfirms.usnews.com/.