Charlotte Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
There’s really nothing like the feeling of riding a motorcycle. And with our beautiful weather, Charlotte is a great place for motorcycle lovers and bikers. But when you get hurt because drivers aren’t paying attention, everything changes. That’s when you call our Charlotte motorcycle accident attorneys.
Does Charlotte Have Its Own Motorcycle Laws?
Yes, a few. Charlotte’s Code of Ordinances contains a few motorcycle-specific regulations:
- 14-252 of the Code of Ordinances prohibits people riding on the handlebars of a motorcycle.
- 14.4 of the Code of Ordinances prohibits motorcycles from clinging or attaching to other vehicles.
- 12.516 prohibits motorcycles (or really any motor vehicle) from being used in recreational areas.
Statistics and Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Charlotte
The statistics are very telling.
- There were more than 34,000 traffic accidents in Charlotte in 2018, and more than 18,000 resulted in injuries – meaning around 53% of total accidents resulted in some form of injury.
- In Mecklenburg County, there were 301 crashes involving motorcycles in 2018, and 288 involved an injury including five deaths. That means more than 95% of motorcycle accidents in Charlotte resulted in some kind of injury. Common causes include speeding and distracted driving.
The vast majority of motorcycle accidents result in some form of injury, and the rider is logically the most often injured. If you were hurt in a crash, contact us immediately to see if our motorcycle accident lawyers in Charlotte, NC can help you fight for the compensation you may deserve.
What Are the Benefits of Filing an Insurance Claim After a Motorcycle Accident?
The goal after being in an accident that wasn’t your fault is to be “made whole” – that is, to be able to return your life to the way it was prior to the accident. Filing a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company is usually step one. That’s why drivers are required to have insurance, after all.
But some insurance companies may not be on your side! Before you speak to the insurance company, it’s often advisable to consult with a Charlotte motorcycle accident attorney first, so you know how to proceed.
Do I Use My Own Healthcare Insurance If The Motorcycle Accident Wasn’t My Fault?
Yes, and you should seek care and treatment immediately. From the at-fault driver’s insurance company’s perspective, it might seem that if you’re not seeking treatment then you’re not hurt – and they could reduce their settlement offer accordingly. Your health insurance does not care why you need treatment, so use it.
Why Hire Us as Your Charlotte Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin has served more than 46,000 clients since 1997, and recovered more than $1.1 billion in total compensation on their behalf.1 Because we work on a contingency fee2 basis, our lawyers do not charge an hourly fee, meaning we only get paid an attorney’s fee if we collect for you.
We understand the challenges that injured bikers face, and how an accident could permanently change your life. Our experienced attorneys are ready to stand up for your rights, and fight for the maximum amount of compensation you may deserve. Don’t hesitate. Call 1-866-900-7078 or contact our Charlotte office, and tell them you mean business!
Testimonials do not reference all the feedback the firm has received. Each case is different and must be evaluated on its individual facts. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome can be achieved in a future.