What a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Goldsboro Can Do for You*
Toll Free: 1-866-900-7078
*By Appointment Only
An injury can happen to anyone. Maybe you’re crossing Williams Street in front of the Wayne County Museum and you’re hit by a car. Maybe you’re in Stoney Creek Park when someone’s dog bites you. There are any number of ways other people’s actions or negligence can harm you.
If you’re injured by someone else, or by someone else’s negligence, you may have a personal injury case.
What Cases Does a Goldsboro Personal Injury Lawyer Handle?
Personal injury is a broad area of practice because there are so many ways that people can be injured by the fault of another. The law enables injured parties to seek compensation for those injuries. Here are a few examples of cases that fall under the personal injury umbrella:
- Car Accidents – Perhaps the most common personal injury case, these include trucking, motorcycle, pedestrian, and DWI accidents.
- Crime Victims – In addition to a criminal case, victims may also have a civil case against those who harm them.
- Dog Bites – North Carolina law is surprisingly specific when it comes to dog bites, and they happen more often than people believe.
- Medical Malpractice – The cases are complex, and the stakes are high whenever your health is on the line.
- Nursing Home Abuse – This is incredibly sad – and frighteningly common – and those in nursing home care need help fighting against abuse.
- Wrongful Death – It should never happen, but when someone dies from an injury caused by negligence, their surviving loved ones may be entitled to compensation.
There are many more types, but these are a few that Goldsboro’s residents may encounter. When in doubt, contact a Goldsboro personal injury attorney for a free case evaluation.
Personal injury settlement for a NC man who was injured after being beaten outside of a bar.1
Is It Worth Hiring a Goldsboro Personal Injury Attorney?
There are many good reasons to hire a personal injury attorney when you’re hurt by someone else’s negligence. Here are just a few.
- Medical Bills: Even if you have insurance, you probably have a deductible, co-pay, or other factor that takes money out of your pocket. If you don’t have insurance, the cost of your care could be crippling. You should not have to bear that burden, and a personal injury attorney can help you seek compensation for those bills.
- Lost Wages: For many people, getting hurt means they can’t work. They’re hit with the double whammy of medical bills and no or reduced income. Even if your job offers paid time off, why should you be forced to take it because someone else’s carelessness caused you harm? A personal injury lawyer may be able to help.
- Pain and Suffering: Broadly speaking, what is your pain, discomfort, inconvenience, and inability to participate in the life you enjoy worth? Money can’t buy back the time you miss doing what you love, but that time should have value.
Add to that the complexity of the law, the insurance adjuster phone calls, dealing with all of the aspects of gathering evidence, negotiating, and generally creating your case – all while you’re injured. Perhaps the greatest benefit of hiring a personal injury lawyer for Goldsboro is that we take a lot of the stress off you. We sweat the details so you can focus on recovering.
How Much Are the Lawyer Fees for a Personal Injury Attorney?
We work on what is known as a contingency fee basis.2 Our fee is “contingent upon” – in other words, it is “determined by” – any compensation we’re able to collect on your behalf. This arrangement has key benefits for you!
- There are no out of pocket costs to hire an attorney up front, and you pay no attorney’s fee unless we collect for you.2
- Instead of billing hours, we are motivated to seek as much compensation as possible, as quickly as possible on your behalf – our motivation is the same as yours.
This fee structure means that you can get professional representation for your personal injury case without up-front costs.
What Happens When I File a Personal Injury Claim?
A claim is something you file with an insurance company. A lawyer builds a case, which often includes that insurance claim. As soon as you hire an attorney, we set about case-building.
When you hire a personal injury lawyer, we gather evidence which may include any accident reports, medical records, witness statements, and so on. We look at present medical expenses and project future expenses. We try to make sure you’re getting the care you need to recover as best you can. If you’re missing work, we calculate that cost to you as well.
Basically, we calculate every cent that your injury is going to cost you, and we seek that from an insurance company or defendant in an effort to make you whole. We often fight with insurance companies in order to try to get clients the care they need and seek the compensation they may deserve.
We handle it so you don’t have to.
Call the Experienced Goldsboro Personal Injury Lawyers at the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin
With us, you’re hiring a team of dedicated and caring staff. You’re hiring our experience, our resources, and our reputation. Join the more than 55,000 clients we’ve helped to recover more than $1.2 billion in total compensation since 1997!1
Call us any time at 866-900-7078 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. Or, simply schedule an in-person appointment at our Goldsboro office. We do not collect an attorney’s fee unless we collect for you.2 Don’t hesitate. Put us in your corner, and tell them you mean business.Text Us
*by appointment only