Powerful Personal Injury Attorney for Roanoke Rapids*
Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
Toll Free: 1-866-900-7078
*By Appointment Only
Whether you’re one of the nearly 15,000 residents of Roanoke Rapids or you’re just visiting, you’re probably not thinking of the everyday risks you face. From the historic trails along the Roanoke River to just grabbing a bite in town, this area is a great place to unplug and unwind.
Even in this picturesque town, personal injury due to someone else’s negligence is a real possibility.
When someone fails to act or does something that causes you an injury, what then? What if you have to miss work? Who’s going to pay the medical bills? What are you going to miss out on as you heal – if you can heal? The answers to these questions depend on your situation. An experienced personal injury lawyer for Roanoke Rapids can help.
What Kinds of Personal Injuries Are Common in Roanoke Rapids?
Opportunities for injury are everywhere. Roanoke Rapids has many of the same risks as a large city. A common type of personal injury, for example, is being hurt in a car accident. You could be hurt tumbling down the stairs at a museum or restaurant. You may even be the victim of medical malpractice, in which case you’ll want to engage a malpractice attorney for Roanoke Rapids – a specific focus within personal injury attorneys. Or, perhaps you’ve suffered harm from a defective product.
A personal injury attorney works to protect your rights when you suffer an injury. Our offices handle all kinds of cases. If you’re hurt, call us at 1-866-900-7078 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Do I Have a Claim if I Am Partially at Fault?
Like the rest of North Carolina, Roanoke Rapids is subject to a legal doctrine known as “contributory negligence.” By the letter of the law, if you are even 1% at fault for the injury you suffered, you may not be entitled to any compensation for that injury. However, it’s not always that simple.
We urge you to consult with a negligence attorney for Roanoke Rapids (also known as a personal injury attorney for Roanoke Rapids) immediately. Why? Because you may only think you’re at fault. Perhaps your shoelaces were untied, and you fell – but what if the shoelaces had nothing to do with the fall? An insurer may still find fault in you, which could allow them to reduce their settlement offer or even deny a payout.
It’s a common refrain: “We do not owe this person compensation, as they contributed to their injury.” And if there’s any question about who was at fault, you may hear that with your denial. Consult an attorney first. We can assess the reality of your circumstances.
Why Might a Roanoke Rapids Personal Injury Lawyer Decline My Case?
There are a few reasons, and they’re probably not what you think. A few reasons an attorney may decline your case are:
- The evidence shows that you are obviously in the wrong. This happens every so often: the open-and-shut case. If your negligence truly caused your injury, there’s generally no case for us to work. Once you give us the facts of your case, we can evaluate the situation and we may be able to tell you an appropriate way to proceed. If there is a shred of doubt, ask us!
- You signed a release form or cashed a settlement check. The insurance company moved quickly and convinced you their offer was fair. Once you cash that settlement check or sign a document that releases them from liability, you’ve almost certainly closed the case before we can even begin.
- The statute of limitations has passed. The law only keeps the door open for so long, and if you do not file your case in the appropriate window, that’s it. The sooner you file, the better.
- We believe we cannot add value to a case. On some occasions, the amount of compensation on offer is unlikely to increase. Perhaps the possible compensation is capped by law, policy limits, or by the means of the defendant. If we do not believe we can help you get more than what’s on offer, we don’t want to take from what you already have.
Do I Even Need a Lawyer for My Roanoke Rapids Personal Injury Case?
We can only answer that question if you call us, and that’s not just to get you to call. Every case is unique, and without evaluating the facts, it’s hard for us to say.
We can tell you this:
- Insurance companies are not working for your best interests. If you’re injured due to someone else’s negligence, a personal injury lawyer for Roanoke Rapids is the smart place to start – whether you end up using one or not.
- How do you determine if you’re receiving a fair offer? The number may look attractive, but what does your injury really cost? Many people accept that enticing settlement offer out of need or simply because they don’t know better and realize too late that it wasn’t enough.
- In many cases, an injury could have long-lasting effects. A fair settlement for your injury should include compensation for future medical costs or possible complications that may arise. We think long-term and have experience estimating potential value.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer, and Tell Them You Mean Business
Did you know that hiring one of our personal injury attorneys costs you nothing upfront? We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we do not collect an attorney’s fee unless we collect for you.2 What do you have to lose?
Testimonials do not reference all the feedback the firm has received. Each case is different and must be evaluated on its individual facts. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome can be achieved in the future.