“After an injury, many people are scared of saying or doing the wrong thing to an insurance company or their employer. I love to use what I learned through my legal education and former experience to help guide them. It’s so rewarding to ease their burden and assist them during such a trying time.”
- Ali Overby
North Carolina Advocates for Justice Member
Named to “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch”3 list by Best Lawyers, 2021-2023
North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist – Workers’ Compensation Law
Attorney Ali Overby
Susan “Ali” Overby joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2015 and is a North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in workers’ compensation law.
She received her J.D. from Campbell University School of Law, where she attended on a partial merit scholarship. Prior to her law degree, she completed the Paralegal Program at Meredith College and received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Virginia, where she double majored in English and Psychology and was a dean’s list scholar.
Ali worked for over six years as a personal injury and workers’ compensation paralegal, and now she practices law focusing exclusively on workers’ compensation cases. She enjoys being a resource for injured workers
Ali is a member of the 10th Judicial District, North Carolina State Bar, North Carolina Bar Association, Wake County Bar Association, and the North Carolina Advocates for Justice.
- James Scott Farrin Named to "U.S. News - Best Lawyers" 2023 'Best Law Firms' List, 8th Straight Year4
- 21 James Scott Farrin Attorneys Recognized by "Best Lawyers in America"3
- James Scott Farrin Attorney Ali Overby Receives Rare Workers' Compensation Certification
- James Scott Farrin Lawyers Named to 2021 'Best Lawyers' and 'Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch' Lists3
- James Scott Farrin Named to 2020 Edition of "Triangle Business Journal" Best Place to Work
- Will My Health Insurance Continue if I File for Workers’ Comp?
- Can I Collect Unemployment Benefits While Waiting for Worker’s Comp Benefits?
For legal reasons and client confidentiality, reviews have been slightly edited to remove identifying information and correct typos.
3For more information regarding the standards for inclusion for Best Lawyer’s ‘Ones to Watch’ list, visit www.bestlawyers.com.
4For more information about the standards of inclusion for “U.S. News – Best Lawyers” ‘Best Law Firms’ list, please visit https://bestlawfirms.usnews.com/.