“After an injury, many people are scared of saying or doing the wrong thing to an insurance company or their employer. I love to use what I learned through my legal education and former experience to help guide them. It’s so rewarding to ease their burden and assist them during such a trying time.”
- Ali Overby
Attorney Ali Overby
Susan “Ali” Overby joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2015 and is a North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in workers’ compensation law.
She received her J.D. from Campbell University School of Law, where she attended on a partial merit scholarship. Prior to her law degree, she completed the Paralegal Program at Meredith College and received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Virginia, where she double majored in English and Psychology and was a dean’s list scholar.
Ali worked for over six years as a personal injury and workers’ compensation paralegal, and now she practices law focusing exclusively on workers’ compensation cases. She enjoys being a resource for injured workers
Ali is a member of the 10th Judicial District, North Carolina State Bar, North Carolina Bar Association, Wake County Bar Association, and the North Carolina Advocates for Justice.
- James Scott Farrin Named to "U.S. News - Best Lawyers" 2023 'Best Law Firms' List, 8th Straight Year4
- 21 James Scott Farrin Attorneys Recognized by "Best Lawyers in America"3
- James Scott Farrin Attorney Ali Overby Receives Rare Workers' Compensation Certification
- James Scott Farrin Lawyers Named to 2021 'Best Lawyers' and 'Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch' Lists3
- James Scott Farrin Named to 2020 Edition of "Triangle Business Journal" Best Place to Work
- Will My Health Insurance Continue if I File for Workers’ Comp?
- Can I Collect Unemployment Benefits While Waiting for Worker’s Comp Benefits?
For legal reasons and client confidentiality, reviews have been slightly edited to remove identifying information and correct typos.