Attorney Casey T. Day
Casey Day joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2018 as a workers’ compensation attorney with a strong history in workers’ compensation law for both the defense and plaintiff sides. She also has past experience in employment and labor law matters.
Casey received her J.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Law at Chapel Hill, and a B.A. in Political Science and Economics, also from University of North Carolina. Her passion for helping level the playing field between employees and their employers began in law school. As co-founder and president of the Labor and Employment Law Society at UNC School of Law, Casey coordinated a presentation on the unique challenges that employees face when social media overlaps with the workplace. Additionally, one of the first cases she handled in school was a pro bono matter where she represented an employee in a claim for unpaid wages. She also represented the State of North Carolina in prosecuting an employer for an OSHA violation which created an unsafe work environment. Since that time, she has had a passion for advocating for employees to try to help them receive the benefits to which they may be entitled.
“After being involved in all levels of workers’ compensation litigation from both the plaintiff’s and defense perspective, I know my true passion lies in helping individuals. Nothing beats the reward of helping an injured worker fight for the benefits that they potentially need and deserve. I understand that there are more than just the facts of their case, but that the process can also take a real emotional toll on both the individual and their family. My goal as an advocate for the injured worker is to really listen to their questions and concerns and to guide them through the workers’ compensation process. It is important to me that my clients feel heard and that they know that I am prepared to fight for their interests.”
Casey is licensed in North Carolina, Virginia, and South Carolina. She is a member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association, and Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. Casey has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America on the “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” 4 list from 2021 through 2023 and by Super Lawyers on the North Carolina “Rising Star”4 list in 2022 and 2023 for Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants.
- Five James Scott Farrin Attorneys Recognized on “Super Lawyers” 2023 North Carolina ‘Super Lawyers’ and ‘Rising Stars’ Lists4
- James Scott Farrin Named to "U.S. News - Best Lawyers" 2023 'Best Law Firms' List, 8th Straight Year4
- 21 James Scott Farrin Attorneys Recognized by "Best Lawyers in America"4
- North Carolina “Super Lawyers” Recognizes 3 James Scott Farrin Attorneys on 2022 ‘Super Lawyers’ and ‘Rising Stars’ Lists4
- James Scott Farrin Lawyers Named to 2022 “Best Lawyers,” “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch,” List, One Named a “Lawyer of the Year”4
- James Scott Farrin Named to 2020 Edition of "Triangle Business Journal" Best Place to Work
For legal reasons and client confidentiality, reviews have been slightly edited to remove identifying information and correct typos.