“I enjoy the opportunity to help people. The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin Workers’ Compensation Department allows me to practice substantive law while helping people, representing them to get the proper medical care and disability benefits to which they may be entitled.”
- Matt Harbin
Attorney Matt Harbin (Shareholder)
Matt Harbin joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2003 and became a Shareholder with the firm in 2008. Practicing in the firm’s Workers’ Compensation Department, he is a North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation law. Matt received his J.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Law, and his B.A. from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Prior to joining the firm, Matt worked at the North Carolina Industrial Commission as a Special Deputy Commissioner.
In addition to being a North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation, Matt is a member of the American Association for Justice and the Workplace Injury Litigation Group. He is also a member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) where he is the past-Chair of their Workers’ Compensation section, and a member of the Legal Affairs Committee. The NCAJ honored Matt with an Order of Service award in 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- ABC11: Valley Proteins says it's investigating whether safety protocols were followed after 2 workers die
- James Scott Farrin Lawyers Named to 2022 “Best Lawyers,” “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch,” List, One Named a “Lawyer of the Year”3
- James Scott Farrin Lawyers Named to 2021 'Best Lawyers' and 'Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch' Lists3
- NC Advocates for Justice Decorates Four James Scott Farrin Attorneys with Award for Outstanding Service
- WFMY News 2: From workplace to wills: Lawyers answer your coronavirus questions | Part 3
- WFMY News 2: From workplace to wills: Lawyers answer your coronavirus questions | Part 2
- WFMY News 2: Answering your questions about wills and workplace responsibility during the pandemic
- WFMY News 2: What does your job legally have to do to protect you from coronavirus?
- Business NC: N.C. legislators should protect health care workers
- ABC11: Feel unsafe at work during the COVID-19 pandemic? Here are your rights
- ABC12 News Channel: Can you claim worker's compensation if you were exposed to coronavirus on the job?
- ABC11: What unemploment benefits are there for self-employed and contract workers?
- Should I Negotiate My Own Workers’ Comp Settlement? Can You Claim Workers’ Compensation If You Were Exposed to Coronavirus at Work?
- 3 Ways Your Workers’ Comp “Recorded Statement” Can Trap You
- Trying to Get Workers’ Comp Payment for Secondary Injuries or Side Effects
For legal reasons and client confidentiality, reviews have been slightly edited to remove identifying information and correct typos.
3For more information about the standards of inclusion for ‘Best Lawyers’ list, visit: www.bestlawyers.com.