“I love helping people resolve issues that are holding them back, and working toward helping them move forward with their lives. I am a good listener with a lot of life experience that helps me relate to people and understand their needs.”
- Susan Vanderweert
Attorney Susan Vanderweert (Partner)
Susan Vanderweert joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2015 handling Workers’ Compensation cases, and is a North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation law. She is also a Partner of the firm.
Prior to joining the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, she represented the other side – insurance companies and employers – for more than 10 years.
Susan earned her J.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Law at Chapel Hill, where she was Editor-in-Chief for the North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation. She earned an M.A. in Liberal Studies from Duke University and a B.A. from the University of Minnesota Duluth, where she double majored in Political Science and Communication.
I love helping people resolve issues that are holding them back, and working toward helping them move forward with their lives. I am a good listener with a lot of life experience that helps me relate to people and understand their needs.
Throughout Susan’s career she has practiced in the areas of Appellate Advocacy, Insurance Regulatory Matters, and Workers’ Compensation. While she has worked in a variety of capacities – journalism, public relations, and managing a variety of nonprofit professional associations and trade groups – nothing comes close to the satisfaction she gets from helping injured workers.
Susan authored “Seeking Justice for ‘Comfort’ Women: Without an International Criminal Court, Suits Brought by World War II Sex Slaves of the Japanese Army May Find Their Best Hope of Success in U.S. Federal Courts,” Volume 27, Issue 1 of the North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation.
- Three New Partners Join Leadership Ranks of James Scott Farrin
- James Scott Farrin Named to "U.S. News - Best Lawyers" 2023 'Best Law Firms' List, 8th Straight Year4
- 21 James Scott Farrin Attorneys Recognized by "Best Lawyers in America"4
- James Scott Farrin Lawyers Named to 2021 'Best Lawyers' and 'Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch' Lists4
- The Case of Charles Part 1: Hurt at Work and the Journey of a NC Workers’ Comp Claim
- How Do Settlements Work in Workers’ Compensation Cases?
- I Got Fired After I Filed for Workers’ Comp. Now What?
For legal reasons and client confidentiality, reviews have been slightly edited to remove identifying information and correct typos.