Allergan Biocell Implants and cancer? We’re ready to help those who’ve been hurt
There are already lawsuits pending against Allergan, and more are likely to follow. If you’ve been diagnosed with BIA-ALCL, the time to act is now.
Attorney for Allergan Biocell Implants BIA-ALCL Lawsuit
A worldwide recall is underway for Allergan’s Biocell textured breast implants and tissue expanders following an FDA request in July 2019. This follows a report linking the breast implants to a specific form of cancer called Breast Implant Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL).
BIA-ALCL is not a form of breast cancer. It’s a non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma – a cancer of the immune system. It’s typically found in the scar tissue or fluid around the implant, but it can spread throughout the body. It can be fatal if not treated promptly.
Did Allergan Know the Danger and Continue to Market the Biocell Implants?
There are already lawsuits pending against Allergan from recipients of their implants. At least one alleges that the maker knew of the possible harm as far back as the 90s. That suit claims the company was purposefully lax in its oversight and may have caused rare, avoidable cancer in thousands of women. The FDA first reported the possible link between the breast implants and BIA-ALCL in 2011.
Have You or Someone You Love Been Diagnosed With ALCL After Having Cosmetic or Reconstructive Breast Implants?
Contact us immediately for a free case evaluation. As of July 2019, 573 women have been diagnosed with the disease worldwide, with 33 deaths. Of those 573 cases, 481 are currently attributed to the Allergan implants. That’s a horrifying 83.9%! Of the 33 deaths, the maker of their implant was known for 13 of the women. Allergan was the maker in 12 of those cases.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with BIA-ALCL, you may be facing costly treatments, loss of income and other hardships. Making a strong case and consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney could help you claim and recover damages to which you may be entitled.
More Cases Are Coming for Those With Textured Breast Implants
For those who have Allergan Biocell implants, BIA-ALCL does not strike immediately. Over 95% of patients with BIA-ALCL who present with local symptoms do so an average of nine years after implant placement. While this does not guarantee someone with the implants will develop the disease, it does mean that, for some, the clock is ticking. It could be months or years before symptoms appear.
The Implants Were Marketed Under Many Names – Are Yours Included?
The list of recalled implants is fairly long due to the number of different names they were marketed under. Here is a compiled list of those subject to recall. Note that saline and silicon versions of the textured implants are both recalled:
- Natrelle saline breast implant styles 168, 363, 468
- Natrelle and McGhan 410 breast implant styles LL, LM, LF, LX, ML, MM, MF, MX, FL, FM, FF, FX
- Natrelle and McGhan 410 Soft Touch breast implant styles LL, LM, LF, LX, ML, MM, MF, MX, FL, FM, FF, FX
- Natrelle 510 Dual-Gel styles LX, MX, FX
- Natrelle Inspira breast implants, styles TRL, TRLP, TRM, TRF, TRX, TSL, TSLP, TSM, TSF, TSX, TCL, TCLP, TCM, TCF, TCX
- Natrelle and McGhan Round Gel Implants, styles 110, 110 Soft Touch, 120, 120 Soft Touch
- Natrelle Komuro breast implants styles KML, KMM, KLL, and KLM
- Natrelle Ritz Princess breast implant styles RML, RMM, RFL, RFM
- Natrelle 150 Full Height and Short Height double lumen implants
- Natrelle 133 tissue expanders with and without suture tabs: styles 133FV, 133MV, 133LV, 133MX, 133SX, 133SV, T-133FV, T-133MV, T-133LV, T-133MX, T-133SX, T-133SV, 133FV-T, 133MV-T, 133LV-T, 133MX-T, 133SX-T, 133SV-T
- Natrelle 133 Plus tissue expander styles 133P-FV, 133P-MV, 133P-LV, 133P-MX, 133P-SX, 133P-SV, T-133P-FV, T-133P-MV, T-133P-LV, T-133P-MX, T-133P-SX, T-133P-SV, 133P-FV-T, 133P-MV-T, 133P-LV-T, 133P-MX-T, 133P-SX-T, 133P-SV-T
What if I Have Not Been Diagnosed?
If you have the Allergan Biocell family of textured implants, you should consult with your physician immediately. The FDA is currently not recommending action for implant users if no symptoms are present.
Monitor yourself and be attentive to any changes that may occur. The most common symptoms that present for BIA-ALCL are:
- Breast pain
- Swelling/Asymmetry of the breasts
- Excess fluid accumulation around the implant (seroma)
- Rash on breast skin
- Mass or lump around the implant
Get a Free Case Evaluation From Personal Injury Lawyers
There are already lawsuits pending against Allergan and more are sure to follow. If you’ve been diagnosed with BIA-ALCL, the time to act is now. Contact us here or call us at 1-866-900-7078 today for your free case evaluation. At the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, we understand what you’re going through, and we’re ready to help you fight for the compensation and benefits to which you may be entitled.Text Us