Attorney Matt Harbin
Serving North Carolina injury victims
Matt Harbin joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2003 and became a shareholder with the Firm in 2008. Practicing in the firm's Workers' Compensation Department, he is a North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation law. Matt received his J.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Law, and his B.A. from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Prior to joining the Firm, Matt worked at the North Carolina Industrial Commission as a Special Deputy Commissioner.
"I enjoy the opportunity to help people," Matt says. "The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin Workers' Compensation Department allows me to practice substantive law while helping people, representing them to get the proper medical care and disability benefits to which they may be entitled."
In addition to being a North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation, Matt is a member of the American Association for Justice and the Workplace Injury Litigation Group. He is also a member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) where he is the past-Chair of their Workers’ Compensation section, and a member of the Legal Affairs Committee. The NCAJ honored Matt with an Order of Service award in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
University of North Carolina School of Law
Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
1997 B.A. in History and Philosophy (double major), cum laude
Specialization: Workers' Compensation
Board of Legal Specialization, North Carolina State Bar
- 10th Judicial District Bar Association
- 16th Judicial District Bar Association
- Certified Workers' Compensation Specialist, Board of Legal Specialization of the North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- Workers’ Compensation Council
- US District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- American Association for Justice
- Workplace Injury Litigation Group
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Past Chair, Workers’ Compensation Section
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice Order of Service award, 2017, 2018, 2019