Attorney Matt Harbin
Serving North Carolina injury victims
Mr. Harbin joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2003 and became a shareholder with the Firm in 2008. Practicing in the Firm's Workers' Compensation Department, he is a North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation. Mr. Harbin received his J.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Law, and his B.A. from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Harbin worked at the North Carolina Industrial Commission as a Special Deputy Commissioner.
"I enjoy the opportunity to help people," Mr. Harbin says. "The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin Workers' Compensation Department allows me to practice substantive law while helping people, representing them to get the proper medical care and disability benefits to which they may be entitled."
In addition to being a North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation, Mr. Harbin is a member of the national organizations American Association for Justice and the Workplace Injury Litigation Group, as well as the North Carolina Advocates for Justice where he serves as Chair of the Workers’ Compensation Section.
Mr. Harbin was appointed by former North Carolina Governor Bev Perdue to a two-and-a-half year term on the North Carolina Commission for Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services, which he recently completed. He received the Order of Service award from the North Carolina Advocates for Justice in 2017 and 2018.
University of North Carolina School of Law
Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
1997 B.A. in History and Philosophy (double major), cum laude
Specialization: Workers' Compensation
Board of Legal Specialization, North Carolina State Bar
- 10th Judicial District Bar Association
- 14th Judicial District Bar Association
- Certified Workers' Compensation Specialist, Board of Legal Specialization of the North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- Workers’ Compensation Council
- US District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- American Association for Justice
- Workplace Injury Litigation Group
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Chair Workers’ Compensation Section
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice Order of Service award, 2017, 2018
Community & Civic Involvement:
- Coach, son’s soccer team
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Member, Workplace Injury Litigation Group