Attorney Michael Jordan
Aggressively fighting to protect the rights of those injured
Michael Jordan joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2001 and became a shareholder in the firm in 2002. He currently works to assist clients with their Personal Injury, Workers’ Compensation, Eminent Domain, Products Liability, Medical Malpractice, Mass Tort and other injury claims.
Mike received his J.D. from the North Carolina Central University School of Law. He received his B.A. in Journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he wrote for The Daily Tar Heel and the UNC Journalist. Although Mike has been recognized for his contributions to the broader legal community, his true passion is working to ensure the firm's clients receive the help they need.
"The most rewarding aspect of practicing law is seeing the positive difference you can make in the lives of people who are suffering; I feel very strongly that the practice of law is an opportunity to help others," Mike says. "This drive to help others was instilled at an early age by my parents and further nurtured by my faith."
Mike is a member of the American Association for Justice and the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ), where he serves on their Ethics and Legislative Committees. Mike has served on so many NCAJ committees that he’s received their “Order of Service” award most years since the award’s inception.
Mike has been a regular speaker at various continuing legal education (CLE) seminars, and served as a host and emcee for various legal programs.
In addition to his work with NCAJ, Mike has held various roles on committees and subsections for the North Carolina Bar Association as well as serving several years on the Advisory Board for the North Carolina Chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD).
Mike also authored parts of the North Carolina Personal Injury Liens Manual, published by LexisNexis. On top of all of that, Mike is active with his church, serving as a small group leader and filling in where needed.
North Carolina Central University School of Law
Student Bar Association, Evening Program Representative
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC
1989 B.A. in Journalism
Reporter for "The Daily Tar Heel" and editorial writer for the "UNC Journalist"
- 16th Judicial District Bar Association
- Durham Bar Association
- Board of Directors, since 2019
- Durham Bar Assoc. Nominating Committee, 2018–2019
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Law Practice Management Section Council*
- Practical Skills Course Subcommittee*
- North Carolina State Bar
- Biltmore Who's Who, 2009
- BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell since 1996
- Member, Top Recommended People, 2009
- Order of Service, North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2007
- Order of Service, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, 2008
- Order of Service, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, 2009
- Order of Service, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, 2010
- Order of Service, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, 2011
- Order of Service, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, 2012
- Order of Service, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, 2013
- Order of Service, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, 2014
- Order of Service, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, 2015
- Strathmore's Who's Who, 2009
Community & Civic Involvement:
- American Association for Justice
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Legal Affairs Committee
- Ethics Committee
- Legislative Committee
- Board of Governors*
- Education Committee*
- Executive Committee, Auto Torts Section*
- President’s Club*
- Publications Committee, Chair*
- North Carolina Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)*
- Advisory Board*
- The Summit Church (www.summitrdu.com)
Publications & Speaking Engagements:
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice / North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Chair/Host, Ethics Issues, 2015
- Presenter, Annual Disbursements Seminar, Medical Lien Providers, 2014
- Co-Chair, Annual Disbursements Seminar, 2013
- Presenter, Annual Disbursements Seminar, Reimbursement Claims for State and Local Government Employees, 2008
- Trial Briefs magazine
- Editor, 2008-2012
- ERISA, Ethics and Pitfalls, 2005
- North Carolina Personal Injury Liens Manual by Lexus/Nexus Publishing
- Contributing author
* Denotes inactive