Car Accident Lawyers in Roanoke Rapids Are on Your Side*
Roanoke Rapids, NC
Toll Free: 1-866-900-7078
*By Appointment Only
In 2019, there were 515 car crashes reported in Roanoke Rapids. Nearly 60% of them (298) resulted in an injury.
It’s traumatic being in a car accident that’s not your fault, especially when you’re injured. The last thing you want to worry about is missing time at work and dealing with the insurance company while you’re in pain and trying to heal. What you need is an experienced lawyer in Roanoke Rapids, NC.
You want someone who will communicate. Are you concerned that your attorney won’t call back or respond to you? Our Roanoke Rapids car accident lawyers stay in touch and keep you in the loop.
What Should I Do After My Car Accident in Roanoke Rapids?
That depends on the severity of your accident. Here’s what we recommend:
For an accident with no apparent injuries:
- Get checked by a medical professional, and monitor your health carefully for at least a few weeks. Some car accident injuries take time to manifest.
- Take photos of the accident scene and, if possible, get witness statements.
- Document everything, and be sure to get a copy of the accident report.
- Negotiate repairs to your vehicle, and remember that you can choose any repair shop, not just the ones the insurance company “recommends.”
For an accident with injuries:
- Follow the first three steps above.
- Call a Roanoke Rapids car accident attorney before you talk to the insurance company. An attorney can safeguard your best interests. We know how to deal with insurance companies, and we can guide you on the steps you can take to try to ensure you get the medical attention you need, all while building a case to seek maximum compensation.
What Questions Should I Ask a Roanoke Rapids Car Accident Lawyer?
This is all about what an attorney or a law firm can do for you. Like any other service, you’ll want to compare them, and likely do some online research.
Here are some questions we would recommend asking:
- How long will it take for you to respond to my questions?
- What do you think my claim is worth?
- What do you charge for your services?
- Do you have references or reviews I can read?
- What is your track record?
- How long do you think my case will take?
Some of these question will have complex answers, and some will be fairly simple. Just remember: if something is important to you, ask about it.
How Much Do Car Accident Attorneys in Roanoke Rapids Cost?
That depends on how the firm charges for its work. There are essentially two ways an attorney or law firm charges for service.
- Hourly Retainer – The firm or attorney has an hourly rate and bills you based on how much time they must spend working on your case.
- Contingency Fee – The firm is paid a percentage of the proceeds from the settlement or judgement, assuming they are able to obtain one on your behalf.
Our car accident lawyers for Roanoke Rapids don’t charge anything up front and instead only collect an attorneys’ fee if we are successful.2 That means you’re not paying an out-of-pocket fee for an attorney right when money could be tighter than ever. As a result, it doesn’t matter if we spend 1,000 hours or 10 hours on your case – you won’t have to pay a dime out of your own pocket in attorneys’ fees if we don’t recover compensation for you. It also means that our goals align with yours: to seek as much compensation as possible as quickly as possible.
What Is a Good Settlement Offer for My Car Accident Injury?
A good offer is one that makes you whole. It should compensate you for all of the harms and losses you’ve suffered, including the ones that aren’t obvious. Yes, you want the money to pay for the medical bills for the treatment you’ve received. But there’s more to it.
You also want compensation for the lost wages you may have suffered because you could not work. What if you’d planned a vacation and paid for it, but were unable to take it because of the injury? That’s a cost incurred as a direct result of the injury. You can seek compensation for loss of consort – the loss of the benefits or ability to enjoy affection and companionship from married life or parenting – and pain and suffering as well.
Sometimes, it’s hard to place a value on things. Most people just want their attorney to put things in context and give them the facts. It’s your case, so it’s your call!
Why Hire the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin?
We’re proud of our track record. Our experienced car accident attorneys have shown their aggressive pursuit of fairness and persistence in the face of adversity.
Since our firm started in 1997, we’ve helped our clients recover a total of more than $1.4 billion in compensation – and that number is growing each year.1 We have a dedicated, caring staff determined to do right by our clients, and we arm them with state-of-the-art technology and deep resources to try to get the job done efficiently and effectively.
Call us any time at 1-866-900-7078 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. You can always call the Roanoke Rapids office to set up an appointment if you prefer. Let us take on the stress, so you can focus on recovery.
Testimonials do not reference all the feedback the firm has received. Each case is different and must be evaluated on its individual facts. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome can be achieved in a future.