“My clients are hard-working people who just want to take care of their families. My job is to get them from that place of fear and anxiety to a place of security, where they have some economic stability and a plan for the future. One of my favorite expressions is ‘fiat justitia ruat caelum’ – Let justice be done though the heavens may fall.”
- Matthew Healey
Attorney Matthew Healey (Partner)
Matthew Healey joined the Workers’ Compensation Department at the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2015 and is a North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation law. He is also a Partner of the firm.
He received his law degree from the University of Georgia School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude, and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame, also graduating with honors.
While in law school, Matthew was asked to clerk for several law firms. After graduating, he joined one of the largest corporate defense firms in NC, but in his words:
I wasn’t very happy representing large corporations and insurance companies. I saw how people’s lives could be turned upside down by workplace injuries and wanted to represent those people rather than try to deny their benefits.
Since that decision, his goal has been “to become the best workers’ compensation attorney in North Carolina and to get the best results for my clients that I can,” and he has made great strides.
Every year since 2013, Matthew has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the annual Best Lawyers in America3 list for Workers’ Compensation Law. He was a workers’ compensation “Lawyer of the Year”3 for Raleigh in 2015, 2017 and 2022. North Carolina Super Lawyers listed him as a “Rising Star”4 from 2010–2013, and a “Super Lawyer”4 from 2014–2016.
However, at the end of the day, Matthew says it’s all about the clients.
Prior to joining the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, Matthew ran a workers’ compensation department at another North Carolina firm.
Matthew is a member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and the North Carolina Bar Association.
- 21 James Scott Farrin Attorneys Recognized by "Best Lawyers in America"3
- CBS17: Valley Proteins investigating safety procedures after death of 2 workers in Fayetteville
- James Scott Farrin Lawyers Named to 2022 “Best Lawyers,” “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch,” List, One Named a “Lawyer of the Year”3
- Four James Scott Farrin Attorneys Recognized in 2021 North Carolina ‘Super Lawyers’ and ‘Rising Star’ Lists4
- James Scott Farrin Lawyers Named to 2021 'Best Lawyers' and 'Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch' Lists3
- Farrin Attorneys Matthew Healey & Michael Roessler NC State Board Certified Specialists
- WRAL: Construction crews were scheduled to assemble water meter, not work in trench
- Things You Should Know About Your North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Case
- The Very First Thing You Should Do After You’re Injured at Work