How Our SSD Lawyers May be Able to Help
Improve your chances of success today
If you are filing for Social Security benefits, you actually have a better chance of getting a favorable result when you hire an attorney, according to the nonprofit National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR).
The average person filing a claim may overlook paperwork or miss deadlines. An experienced attorney at the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin may be able to help you prepare your case by gathering essential documents and records and sticking to the deadlines.
Let our disability lawyers do the hard work for you. Call 1-866-900-7078 for a free case evaluation.
How a North Carolina Social Security Attorney Can Help:
- Tackling Bureaucracy — There can be a lot of paperwork involved in a Social Security Disability claim. Qualified attorneys can help ensure that all regulations are followed and that no paperwork is overlooked or deadlines are missed.
- Freeing Your Time — It is difficult to adjust to life with a new illness, injury or disability. An attorney can focus on the legal aspects of your situation, freeing you to focus on healing — physically and emotionally.
- Highlighting Information — An attorney who is certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a Board Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability Law can highlight the most critical aspects of a case — which might increase an applicant’s chance of success at the earliest stage possible. This is important because it typically takes less time for an application to be reviewed at the earlier stages of the process. For example, it takes, on average, three to five months to get an answer about the initial application, but more than a year to gain a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge.
- Providing Courtroom Experience — It will be very difficult for an applicant with no legal experience to understand the best way to gather and index medical records, question witnesses and interpret the complex rules and regulations that govern both a court of law and the various Social Security programs.
- Increasing Odds of Success — Statistically, claimants who employ an attorney to represent them are much more likely to win at the hearing stage than those who do not employ an attorney to represent them. (Source: National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives)
When selecting a law firm, experience matters. Read below to learn more about the Social Security Disability Team at the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, headed by Attorney Rick Fleming, a North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability Law.
About the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin has helped thousands of injured North Carolinians with potential claims including Social Security, auto accidents, workers’ compensation, personal injury and product liability. In particularly complicated cases, such as a car accident at work that leaves a person permanently disabled, the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin might be able to handle all aspects of the case from personal injury to workers’ compensation to the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) application.
Allow us to put our experience and resources to work for you. The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin — we’re on your side.