About the Complex Litigation Team at James Scott Farrin
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin has the trial experience, resources, and drive to take on powerful adversaries, such as Fortune 500 companies and the U.S. government, in your complex litigation case.
Our litigation team is led by Coleman Cowan, an Emmy Award-winning journalist and decorated trial attorney who has been lead counsel for several successful multi-million dollar jury verdict cases throughout his career.1 Coleman is supported by a strong team of committed litigators who are unrelenting in seeking justice for our clients.
We approach every aspect of your case as if we’re going to court, so if your case ends up needing to be litigated, we’re prepared.
How a Complex Litigation Lawyer Can Help You
Complex litigation attorneys can pursue maximum compensation through a settlement or litigation. The willingness to take your case to court can create leverage – when the other side sees that your attorney is able and willing to litigate your case if needed, they know you mean business.
You want a firm with deep resources that can afford to invest money and other resources like advanced technology into building your case. Complex litigation can be costly.
- We spent more than $13,000,000 litigating a single case – which became one of the largest civil rights cases in U.S. history. The result? A $1.25 billion settlement designed to give 15,700+ Black farmers long-awaited compensation after years of discrimination by the USDA.3
- In addition to money, this effort took attention to detail and innovation. As a result of this landmark case, our firm developed proprietary software that has since earned more than 30 patents and several awards. We use this case management technology to build your case, track the smallest details, and keep you informed every step of the way.
You want a complex litigation lawyer who has abundant trial experience and the respect of others.
- We have many seasoned trial attorneys who have achieved successful million-dollar verdicts,1* and we are actively pursuing major class action lawsuits against 3M, DuPont/Chemours, the State of North Carolina, Audible/Amazon, and others.
- We are also proud to be representing hundreds of Marines and their family members in Camp Lejeune water contamination lawsuits.
- Our attorneys are recognized professionals, so when the media wants answers, they come to us. Our attorneys have been featured on public radio, interviewed on local TV, and appeared in nearly 100 newspapers and websites.
Our Attorneys Fight for Accountability
The attorneys on our complex litigation team don’t back down when things get hard. They are willing and able to take cases to court when justice demands it – and others know it. This can create significant leverage in the negotiation process.
We’re not just trial attorneys. We’re attorneys who go to trial often and have plenty of experience winning cases in court.1
Types of Complex Litigation Cases Our Team Handles
Our team handles a wide variety of claim types, including:
- Accounting, legal, and medical malpractice
- Antitrust cases
- Bad faith insurance claims
- Business disputes
- Catastrophic injuries
- Civil rights
- Class actions
- Construction defects
- Defective products and drugs
- Employment rights and disputes
- Environmental contamination (GenX)
- Nursing home abuse
- Sexual abuse claims
- Trucking accidents
- Unfair and deceptive trade practices
- Whistleblower (qui tam)
- Wrongful death
Can You Afford a Complex Litigation Attorney?
Yes. At our firm, we offer our complex litigation services to clients on a contingency fee arrangement.2 This allows us to assume the financial burden of working on your case so you do not have to pay any hourly fees – or anything up front at all.
We only collect an attorney’s fee from you if we are successful in recovering compensation for you – Guaranteed.2
Why Hire the Complex Litigation Team at the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin
Since we opened our doors in 1997, we’ve helped 60,000+ injured people recover more than $1.6 billion in total compensation for harms and losses they’ve suffered.1 (And that does not even include the $1.25 billion settlement for the Black Farmers civil rights case.3)
We are not afraid to take on powerful organizations when it comes to protecting the rights of our clients.
How do you know if we are the right firm for you?
|Five of our firm attorneys were nominated by their peers and named to Best Lawyers’ 2024 “Best Lawyers” list for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.4|
|And eight of our firm attorneys were named to Best Lawyers’ 2024 “Ones to Watch” list for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.4|
In addition to a firm that has skilled attorneys and deep resources, you want one that will put your needs first. See our You-First Policy for how we do just that.
Wherever you are, we are where you need us. We have 16 offices in North Carolina and 1 in South Carolina. We take cases all across both states and can even come to you.
*Some cases handled prior to joining James Scott Farrin.