Skilled Winston-Salem Car Accident Lawyers*
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Toll Free: 1-866-900-7078
*By Appointment Only
Accidents happen. We all know this. If you drive down Peters Creek Parkway, North Point Boulevard, or Hanes Mall Boulevard on a regular basis, you might have seen one. In Winston-Salem, four of the five most frequent car accident locations in 2019 were located near Hanes Mall.
The lesson here is not to avoid driving to Hanes Mall – it’s to be very careful when driving there.
And if you happen to get injured in a car wreck while driving in Winston-Salem, including near Hanes Mall, contact a car accident lawyer to help you protect your rights.
In 2019, 11,350 traffic accidents were investigated by the Winston-Salem police – a 4% increase from the previous year – resulting in 3,612 injured people and 15 fatalities.
- The good news: There were 13 fewer people killed in traffic accidents in Winston-Salem in 2019 than in the previous year.
- The bad news: There were 22 more people injured in traffic accidents in the city during this same timeframe.
Please drive safely out there. The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin has helped thousands of North Carolina car accident victims seek maximum compensation for damages they have suffered since 1997. We are here to help you, too.
What Are Some of the Biggest Mistakes to Avoid After a Car Wreck in Winston-Salem?
Great question. We are sorry that you are in a situation where you have to ask it, but there are definitely things you should avoid doing after being injured in a car wreck.
- Don’t refuse immediate medical care.
- Don’t talk to an insurance adjuster or make a recorded statement without talking to an attorney first.
- Don’t accept the first lowball offer the insurance company makes.
- Don’t disregard the doctor’s follow-up treatment advice.
- Don’t take a wait-and-see approach.
And here are two important things we recommend you do:
- Check out this video on how car wreck claims work in North Carolina.
- Contact an experienced Winston-Salem accident lawyer – call the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin at 1-866-900-7078 and get a free case evaluation today.
Does It Matter if I Am at Fault in the Car Wreck?
Yes, fault matters in car wrecks in Winston-Salem because North Carolina is a contributory negligence state. Contributory negligence means that your claim could be denied if you are found to have contributed to the accident in any way. Insurance companies sometimes try to lead accident victims into admitting some type of fault for the accident.
If you mistakenly admit to fault, even 1%, your claim could be denied. This is one of the main reasons why we advise you to consult with a car accident attorney in Winston-Salem before you talk to an insurance agent or adjuster.
Can I Afford a Winston-Salem Car Accident Lawyer?
Yes, if they work on a contingency fee basis like we do at the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin. This means that there are no upfront costs or hourly attorney’s fees, and we collect a percentage of any amount that we recover for you.2 Since we don’t get paid unless you do, our incentive is to get our clients the best results we can, as quickly as we can.
How Can James Scott Farrin Help Me With My Car Accident Claim in Winston-Salem?
In addition to guidance, objectivity, and years of legal experience, our Winston-Salem car accident lawyers can:
- Deal with the insurance company
- Build your case and gather needed documentation
- Calculate the realistic value of your case
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Represent you in court, if needed
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin has more than 60 attorneys and 200+ professional staff members. We recovered over $185 million in total for over 5,000 clients in 20221 We have the resources and experience to fight for our clients’ rights.
Call our dedicated and skilled car accident team at 1-866-900-7078 or contact us for a free evaluation if you have been injured in a car accident caused by someone else. Or you can make an appointment at our Winston-Salem office today. Tell them you mean business.
*by appointment only
Testimonials do not reference all the feedback the firm has received. Each case is different and must be evaluated on its individual facts. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome can be achieved in the future.