"TELL THEM YOU MEAN BUSINESS" | 1-866-900-7078

Can I Trust a Doctor that Has Been Provided by My Employer for My Workers’ Compensation Claim?

Doctor writing while holding a prescription bottle.Under North Carolina law, if you are injured on the job and your employer agrees to provide workers’ compensation benefits for your injury then your employer and their insurance carrier generally have the initial right to choose the physician who will treat your injuries. As North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Barry Jennings explains, even though your employer or insurance carrier may select your doctor, it is in their best interest for you to get the best medical care possible.

However, if you feel that your employer sent you to a doctor that did not give you the best medical care, then you should consider contacting a North Carolina Workers’ Compensation lawyer.

As an injured worker, you have the right to request to be provided with treatment from a different physician. North Carolina law allows you to petition the North Carolina Industrial Commission to obtain further treatment if the employer and their insurance carrier will not agree. Additionally, if you are released by the doctor with an impairment rating, North Carolina law allows you to request a second opinion evaluation on that rating to be paid for by the employer and their insurance carrier.

North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Lawyers

If you feel that the doctor your employer or the insurance company has provided for your workers’ compensation claim is not providing you the best care, you may need to speak with a North Carolina workers’ compensation lawyer. Call the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin at 1-866-900-7078 or contact us online for a free evaluation of your case. Representatives are also available to offer you a free evaluation if you have been injured on the job and want to explore your legal rights.