Skilled Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for Roanoke Rapids*
Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
Toll Free: 1-866-900-7078
*By Appointment Only
The small riverside city of Roanoke Rapids attracts visitors for its many outdoor activities, from hiking in Medoc Mountain State Park to bird-watching in Sylvan Heights Bird Park to boating on the Roanoke River. Its temperate climate also makes it an ideal locale for motorcyclists, whether they’re out for a leisurely ride or commuting to work.
Motorcycle accidents can happen anytime and anywhere in Roanoke Rapids. In the blink of an eye, you could be involved in a bike crash and sustain a serious injury through no fault of your own. With so much riding on your accident claim, it’s important to contact an experienced Roanoke Rapids motorcycle accident attorney.
At the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, we may be able to examine your situation and advise you on the best way to proceed. Call our office in Roanoke Rapids today. Or you can contact us online for a free case evaluation.
What Should I Do After I’ve Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident?
There are some straightforward rules-of-thumb that all motorcycle accident victims should pay attention to which include things to do, as well as things you should not do.
Things to do after a motorcycle wreck injury:
- Do obtain medical care and follow the physician’s care instructions
- Do keep records of all conversations and bills regarding your health progress or complications
- Do collect bills and receipts related to property damage, as well as medical care
- Do gather pay stubs to establish your pre-accident salary
- Do collect any records showing paid time off you have to use for recovery after the accident
- Do track expenses for domestic services you need and can no longer do because of your injuries
- Do contact your insurance company to file a claim
- Do save receipts for any home modifications needed to accommodate your injuries
- Do contact a motorcycle accident lawyer in Roanoke Rapids
Things to not do after a motorcycle wreck injury:
- Don’t communicate about the accident on social media
- Don’t talk to the at-fault driver’s insurance company about your injuries until you are fully healed
- Don’t admit fault or apologize
- Don’t accept an early offer without consulting with an attorney
The above guidelines can help you try to build a stronger claim and avoid certain mistakes when dealing with the insurance company. It is important to act quickly to protect your legal rights. We strongly urge you to get in touch with an experienced lawyer who has helped other motorcycle accident victims navigate the complex, and often confusing, procedures and requirements of personal injury cases.
What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that about a third of multi-vehicle motorcycle crashes are a result of another vehicle turning onto the path of the motorcycle, such as when a car makes a left-hand turn right in front of an oncoming motorcycle. Another common cause of motorcycle accidents is the other driver’s failure to see the motorcycle – a cause so frequent that police have created the acronym LBFS (“Looked But Failed to See”) for police reports to account for it.
NHTSA cautions bikers to anticipate what might happen and drive accordingly, and defensively. In 2019, motorcyclists were 29 times more likely than passenger vehicle occupants to die in a crash and 4 times more likely to be injured.
A motorcycle crash can have a significant impact on a victim’s life. You may face skyrocketing losses related to rehabilitation costs, lost wages, future medical bills, and pain and suffering. Call the motorcycle accident attorneys at the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin at 1-866-900-7078. We can help you fight for the compensation you may need and deserve.
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help Me?
A lawyer who has experience helping motorcycle accident victims can help you in the following ways:
- Documenting the value of any custom work on your bike
- Gathering evidence
- Reviewing medical records
- Dealing with the claims adjuster for you
- Examining the scene of the crash and having an expert reconstruct it, if needed
- Interviewing any witnesses, if needed
- Keeping you informed and on track with filing deadlines
- Evaluating insurance offers
- Building your case
Bikers are more vulnerable on the roads, and motorcycle accidents often result in severe injuries. Find a motorcycle accident attorney in Roanoke Rapids who understands the nuances involved in pursuing a motorcycle accident claim – such as bias against riders, the common causes of motorcycle crashes, and the assumptions made about rider behavior.
What Is My Case Worth?
To determine what your case may be worth, a motorcycle accident lawyer in Roanoke Rapids can help you consider the following factors:
- Lost wages, current and future
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Physical and vocational rehabilitation
- Home health aide services
- Possible home renovations
Here is where having an attorney with experience can make a significant difference. In addition to reviewing past biker cases for similarities and comparison points, knowledge of the possible future complications that the victim may face can be factored into recommended compensation amounts.
Sometimes, you need to make an educated guess about case worth – you want a lawyer who has handled many motorcycle crashes in the past and can use this experience when fighting for you.
Why Hire Us as Your Roanoke Rapids Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
At the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, some of our motorcycle accident attorneys ride themselves, and they are committed to defending the rights of fellow bikers. Mike Jordan has been with the firm since 2001, and he has been riding for about 50 years. Watch the video below in which Mike explains how to seek compensation after a motorcycle wreck.
Our firm has been helping injured people fight for their rights since 1997, and we are dedicated to providing quality representation to our clients. In 2022, we recovered $185+ million for more than 5,000 clients.1 We have fought for justice in motorcycle accident cases throughout North Carolina, helping victims in Fayetteville, Rocky Mount, and Durham, just to name a few cities.Text Us
Testimonials do not reference all the feedback the firm has received. Each case is different and must be evaluated on its individual facts. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome can be achieved in the future.