North Carolina hip replacement lawyer
Each year, more than 310,000 people receive artificial hip joints, which can significantly improve the quality of life for someone who has lost mobility. People whose hips have become arthritic or whose hips have deteriorated have benefited from new technology. While hip replacement has contributed to enhanced mobility for many North Carolinians, some people have been harmed by hip implants. In some cases, poor design or defective materials have resulted in serious side effects for hip replacement patients.
Questions about hip replacement devices recently have surfaced. A recent hip implant recall involved products made by DePuy Orthopaedics Inc.:
- DePuy ASR Hip Resurfacing System (launched in 2003)
- DePuy ASR XL Acetabular System (launched in 2004)
Other manufacturers of potentially defective hip implants include:
- Sulzer Orthopedics, which announced a recall of the company's Inter-Op acetabular shell for hip implants.
- Zimmer Holdings, manufacturer of the Zimmer Durom Hip Cup, or Zimmer Durom acetabular component. Zimmer suspended sales in 2008 due to a defect in which the device failed to bond properly with the existing bone in patients.
Hip replacement side effects
Symptoms of a defective Inter-Op acetabular hip implant involve:
- Groin or anterior trochanteric pain
- Thigh pain
- Difficulty in rising from a seated position
Symptoms of a defective DePuy hip device:
- Hip area pain
- Walking difficulties
- Swelling in the area of the hip
Symptoms of a defective Zimmer Durom Hip Cup:
- Pain in the hip due to grinding of loose metal socket
Contact our offices about your potential hip replacement lawsuit
At the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, serving North Carolina, hip replacement attorney in North Carolina may be able to help if you or a loved one has suffered an injury as a result of a dangerous medical device. Contact us. Remember, your initial conversation is free. Call us today at 1-866-900-7078.
Serious injuries demand serious attention. Take action. Contact the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin. We mean business!