“The aspect of law that I enjoy the most is the human factor. I enjoy speaking with clients and making that connection. As attorneys, we have access to a wealth of information. It’s rewarding to be able to help people maneuver through that whole ocean of information.”
- Anabel F. Rosa
Attorney Anabel F. Rosa (Shareholder)
Anabel Franceschini Rosa joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2010 in the Personal Injury Department and is a shareholder of the firm.
She received her J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in Brooklyn, New York in 1996. She obtained an MA in Spanish Literature from Syracuse University in 1988.
Anabel has more than 20 years of legal experience, three years as a paralegal and the rest as an attorney. In addition to personal injury, she has practiced in the areas of civil rights, employment discrimination and sexual harassment in such locations as Puerto Rico, Upstate New York and New York City.
Outside the office, Anabel is a local force for Latino rights. Governor Roy Cooper selected her to serve on the Governor’s Advisory Council on Hispanic Latino Affairs. She also serves on that council’s Subcommittee for Economic Development.
Anabel chairs the Durham Mayor’s Hispanic-Latino Committee and is a member of her children’s PTA Diversity Committee. She’s been a volunteer ESL teacher for over five years, and is an advocate of Durham ESL and REALDurham, a poverty reduction initiative.
She is a member of the Subcommittee on Special populations of the Partnership for a Healthy Durham, which is dedicated to advocating for proper healthcare for immigrants and refugees and their families.
She is a member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) in the Hispanic/Latino Affairs Division. In 2017 and 2018, the organization honored her with an Order of Service award.
Having collaborated with El Centro Hispano, appeared on Univision 40, WRAL, and quoted in Spanish publications, Anabel is often sought by the Hispanic media for her views on issues related to this community.
For her many and varied efforts, Anabel received the 2018 Triangle Business Journal “Women in Business” award.
Anabel is admitted to the Supreme Court of the State of New York; Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey; U.S. District Court for New York — Eastern District; U.S. District Court for New York — Southern District; U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey; U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico; and U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
She is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association; the Durham Bar Association; the Federal Bar Association, Puerto Rico Chapter; and the Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico Bar Association). She is also a past member of the American Translators Association.
- Four James Scott Farrin Attorneys Inducted into 2020 North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society
- 2020 North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society Inductee
- Selected to Women of Achievement list, Durham Magazine, 2021
- NC Advocates for Justice Decorates Four James Scott Farrin Attorneys with Award for Outstanding Service
- Governor Cooper Appoints Anabel Rosa to Advisory Council
- NC Bar Association Recognizes Public Service of Two James Scott Farrin Attorneys with Citizen Lawyer Award
- Attorney Anabel Rosa Honored with Inaugural "North Carolina Lawyers Weekly" Diversity & Inclusion Award
- NC Pro Bono Resource Center - Highlight Attorney Volunteer Anabel Rosa
- The Jabot Podcast: Championing Latinx Causes with Anabel Rosa - Episode 48
- Am I in Danger of Being Deported if I’m in a Car Wreck?
For legal reasons and client confidentiality, reviews have been slightly edited to remove identifying information and correct typos.
* Denotes inactive member