“The workers’ compensation system is tough and confusing. I’ve spent a great deal of my legal career working to understand it, and I’m happy to share that understanding with my clients.”
- Josh D. Smith
Attorney Josh D. Smith
Josh Smith joined the workers’ compensation department of the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2014. He is a North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation law.
He received his J.D. from Elon University School of Law, where he attended on an academic scholarship. His accomplishments there include being named to the Dean’s List, being a Moot Court member, and being a semifinalist in a Moot Court competition. Josh received his B.A. from North Carolina State University, where he majored in Political Science with a concentration in Criminal Justice.
During law school, Josh was selected as a legal extern for the Honorable Judge Robert C. Hunter and then as a summer clerk for the Honorable Judge Robert N. Hunter, Jr. After law school, he worked briefly as an estate and Medicaid planning attorney and then began his true passion – helping injured individuals through the workers’ compensation and Social Security Disability processes.
Josh has strong ties to North Carolina and its residents. He was born and raised in Burlington and he wants to make sure his fellow North Carolinians have someone to turn to in their time of need. When asked what he feels he brings to the table for clients, Josh said:
He’s currently a member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, the North Carolina Bar Association, and the 10th Judicial District Bar Association.
- 21 James Scott Farrin Attorneys Recognized by "Best Lawyers in America"4
- James Scott Farrin Lawyers Named to 2022 “Best Lawyers,” “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch,” List, One Named a “Lawyer of the Year”4
- James Scott Farrin Lawyers Named to 2021 'Best Lawyers' and 'Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch' Lists4
- James Scott Farrin Named to 2020 Edition of "Triangle Business Journal" Best Place to Work
- Would You Know if Your NC Workers’ Comp Injury Was Incorrectly Denied?
For legal reasons and client confidentiality, reviews have been slightly edited to remove identifying information and correct typos.