Attorney Anabel F. Rosa
A commitment to helping those in need
Anabel Franceschini Rosa joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in 2010 in the Personal Injury Department and is a shareholder of the firm.
She received her J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in Brooklyn, New York in 1996. She obtained an MA in Spanish Literature from Syracuse University in 1988.
Anabel has more than 20 years of legal experience, three years as a paralegal and the rest as an attorney. In addition to personal injury, she has practiced in the areas of civil rights, employment discrimination and sexual harassment in such locations as Puerto Rico, Upstate New York and New York City.
"The aspect of law that I enjoy the most is the human factor," Anabel said. "I enjoy speaking with clients and making that connection. As attorneys, we have access to a wealth of information. It's rewarding to be able to help people maneuver through that whole ocean of information."
Outside the office, Anabel is a local force for Latino rights. Governor Roy Cooper selected her to serve on the Governor’s Advisory Council on Hispanic Latino Affairs. She also serves on that council’s Subcommittee for Economic Development.
Anabel chairs the Durham Mayor’s Hispanic-Latino Committee and is a member of her children’s PTA Diversity Committee. She’s been a volunteer ESL teacher for over five years, and is an advocate of Durham ESL and REALDurham, a poverty reduction initiative.
She is a member of the Subcommittee on Special populations of the Partnership for a Healthy Durham, which is dedicated to advocating for proper healthcare for immigrants and refugees and their families.
She is a member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) in the Hispanic/Latino Affairs Division. In 2017 and 2018, the organization honored her with an Order of Service award.
Having collaborated with El Centro Hispano, appeared on Univision 40, WRAL, and quoted in Spanish publications, Anabel is often sought by the Hispanic media for her views on issues related to this community.
For her many and varied efforts, Anabel received the 2018 Triangle Business Journal "Women in Business" award.
Anabel is admitted to the Supreme Court of the State of New York; Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey; U.S. District Court for New York — Eastern District; U.S. District Court for New York — Southern District; U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey; U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico; and U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
She is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association; the Durham Bar Association; the Federal Bar Association, Puerto Rico Chapter; and the Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico Bar Association). She is also a past member of the American Translators Association.Click here for a personal perspective from Attorney Anabel Rosa.
Brooklyn Law School
1988 M.S. Spanish Literature
1985 B.A. in Television Production, Spanish Literature, Psychology
- Triangle Business Journal 2018 Women in Business award
- Order of Service award from the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, 2017, 2018
- American Bar Association*
- Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico Bar Association)
- Durham Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Supreme Court of the State of New York
- Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court for New York — Eastern District
- U.S. District Court for New York — Southern District
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Community & Civic Involvement:
- Governor’s Advisory Council on Hispanic Latino Affairs
- Subcommittee for Leadership, Chair
- Durham Mayor’s Hispanic-Latino Committee, Member, Former Chair
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Board of Governors, Member
- Diversity Committee, Member
- Latino Affairs Division, Former Chair
- Partnership for a Healthy Durham, Member (Durham Latino Health Roundtable)
- REAL Durham, Supporter/Advocate*
- Durham ESL, ESL Teacher and Core Leadership
* Denotes inactive member